Sunday, March 04, 2012

Weekly menu planning - week 2

Last week was the first serious get-healthy menu planning that Midalah and I did.

We followed what we had listed, knew what we were doing for dinner each night, and didn't resort to take out after a long day, because we knew just what we had. None of those "ugh, I am tired, it's been a long day and I don't want to be bothered trying to figure out dinner, do you?" conversations were had this past week.

All in all, I think it worked out. So we're continuing and just finished our menu planning for this week, complete with the Points values. With the exception of Friday, every night is under 10 points.

I have to admit - I'm looking forward to Friday. The recipe looks worth every one of the points!

Sunday
Curried scallops (4 pts)
Angel hair pasta (5 pts)

Monday
Hamburger steak with mushroom gravy (8 pts) - no canned soups in sight for this, yay!
Vegetable (0 pts)

Tuesday
15 minute vegetarian chili (8 pts)

Wednesday
Asian beef salad (7 pts)

Thursday
Salmon (6 pts)
Couscous (2 pts)
Vegetable (0 pts)

Friday
Unchained Tuscan Chicken Milano (13 pts)

No comments: