Saturday, March 17, 2012

Breakfast on St. Patrick's Day

The rest of the day is going to be points-heavy, so this is a nice way to start off. Plus, there's green involved!



3 point omelet

3 - 4 c. loosely packed fresh spinach leaves, washed.
1/2 c. Egg Beaters
1 Tbl. Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Coarsely chop spinach. Wilt the spinach - I leave the leaves damp from washing and toss it into the microwave for 60 - 70 seconds. Anything over 90 seconds is overkill.

Beat together Egg Beaters, cheese, salt and pepper.

Spray skillet with cooking spray. Pour eggs into pan and cook until firm enough to flip (I don't do the 'don't flip' method - leaves the eggs too wet for me, but if you like it, go for it).

Arrange spinach on one side of the eggs and roll.

I topped it with salsa for a little color and added flavor. The grapes were a nice, light finish.

Now - dare I figure out points for a green beer today?

No comments: