Friday, May 06, 2011

Lobster Mac and Cheese from Carr's = Happiness on a plate

I have been in a funk lately. I needed something to perk myself up, since life in general has just not been going so well for me.

Today, I found that something in a happy little post from a Facebook friend. Kathlene had posted a photo of the lobster mac and cheese on display at Carr’s at Central Market. One of these had found its way home with her for a Mother’s Day dinner.

I have no idea why, since before this, the idea of lobster mac and cheese has never titillated my taste buds, but this looked so good that I just HAD to have it. After being home sick all day, Roo was heading for her boyfriend’s house so he could fuss and feed her soup, so I was on my own for dinner anyhow…

Carr’s at Central Market closes at 3 pm on Friday. I think I raced up to the counter at 2:55 or 2:56. I was asked if it had been recommended to me over Facebook. Seems a woman walking quickly through the Market as if there is a mission to be conquered is hard to miss!

Dinner has been had. This is a huge portion and would do well to be shared. I have had half and am quite happily content. The rest will be saved and savored.

A hit – I would definitely recommend this! Head to Carr’s at Central Market for a taste!

And if you’re around for dinner or would like to enjoy a sit down lunch after shopping, I highly recommend Carr’s, located right across the walkway from the market. I have enjoyed many meals here and have always been impressed with the service and the quality of the food. My brother’s wedding and small dinner reception were also held at Carr’s. The staff and food are top-notch!

No comments: