Sunday, May 15, 2011

Eating in on a budget

This week will be a bit of a challenge for me. I need to do some grocery shopping, but I need to keep things within a certain budget. With my daughter graduating and heading off to college, family visiting and even planning a weekend getaway to do some whale watching in lieu of a trip to Europe as a graduation gift, I need to keep a tight control on what I spend and where.

Oh, and I have to keep it healthy-ish, also! I am trying to lose weight so I'm not mistaken for one of the whales off the cape!

I see a lot of salads in our future. Good, hearty greens, with meat used as a seasoning and not the star of the dish. Salad Works has a salad that combines craisins, chicken, noodles and mandarin oranges. I make something similar at home for a lot less. That may be dinner Tuesday or Wednesday, since I still need to grill a few chicken breasts to add to meals this week.

What are your favorite cheap, fast and healthy meals?

1 comment:

Cooking Contests said...

I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat with my family. Spinach has quickly become my best friend, and stirfry... it's amazing how you can make the same veggies taste a little different with different sauce and seasoning!
~Nancy Lewis~