Saturday, October 08, 2005

Hooray for fall!

I can tell fall is coming - I mean, beyond the fact that it's been raining for 2 days and nights now and it shows no signs of stopping and we've been told to keep an eye on the Little Conestoga. Ick. Flooding.

Anyhow, how do I know fall is coming? I want to cook. Bake. Chop things. Simmer things. The house right now smells of curry and apples and pumpkin and soon, I'll add a roast to the olfactory sensations.

Dinner tonight: apple-butternut squash soup, roast with carrots and potatoes and a crustless pumpkin pie. Beef is defrosting now for a hearty stew tomorrow, to be served, I think, in acorn squash halves. That really depends, though, on what time we get back from the baby's baptism.

Photos will come soon. Right now, though, I'm content to sit here, sipping my coffee and savoring the scents of the season.

20:14: And here are the photos. I put absolutely no thought into plating the meal, because my husband had just come in from driving close to 10 hours in the pouring rain and he seemed to be a weeeee bit hungry.

Beef, potatoes, carrots and beer bread with a bowl of apple-butternut squash soup:





And we were quite content, even with the splenda in the crustless pumpkin pie.

No comments: