Sunday, July 31, 2005

Using up the bounty

There's one problem with my husband being gone so often during the summer - all of the fresh fruits and vegetables we're getting at the farm need to be either put up or used fairly quickly. Of course, Ro and I have been having a lot of salads. It's a good thing we both like greens!

I've also been craving briny flavors for some reason today. With that in mind, I threw together a salad that is reminiscent of the ones my father would make on Sunday afternoons or for a late night snack. Only, no onions. Not today. Today isn't an onion day for me ;)

Fresh picked golden cherry tomatoes, Greek olives, a cucumber, about an ounce of crumbled feta and a drizzling of balsamic vinegar seems to do the trick today. Fast and fairly healthy for both of us.

No comments: