Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Cottage Pie Cravings

My husband came home from his trip with a craving for a shepherd's pie. Well, I didn't have any lamb defrosted, but what I did have was leftover roast from last night's dinner, so cottage pie it is.

I diced the meat, browned some diced onions and a red bell pepper and added the meat. To that, I added the beef broth from last night and some flour to make a nice thick gravy. I topped that with some cut up cooked carrots and broccoli and some shredded cheddar cheese. I made some mashed potatoes with the last of the potatoes, leaving them in their jackets, from last week's trip to the farm and spread that over the top. I mashed them by hand for a more rustic texture, instead of whipping them. So far, so good, see?



I'll cook it for about 20 minutes or so at 400* and see how it turns out.

No comments: